Alumnus of the Year Nomination and Selection Guidelines
The Alumnus of the Year award was established in 2004 by the Regent University Office of Alumni Relations to recognize individuals who have gained unique distinction through their accomplishments and have brought positive change to the world through Christian leadership.
While the primary purpose of this award is to honor those who have made an impact toward a better society, it also highlights the effectiveness of Regent University's programming in producing dynamic leaders in the areas of business, communication and the arts, divinity, education, government, law, leadership, and psychology and counseling.
To be considered for the Alumnus of the Year award, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a member of the Regent University Alumni Association in good standing
- Must demonstrate a serious Christian faith and a continued support of the Christian community
- Must be distinguished among his/her peers for constructive contributions made to society that display leadership, responsibility and expertise in his/her field of endeavor
- Must have record of community involvement
- Must be a person of integrity and demonstrated ability who brings dignity and inspiration to the faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends of Regent University
- Must have demonstrated continuing interest in and support of Regent University through contribution of time, talent or resources
- Must be an individual whose deeds reflect the importance of his/her education
- Must uphold the standards of Regent University
Method of Nomination
- Nominations may be made by any of the following individuals of groups:
- Regent University students, alumni, faculty, staff or friends
- Regent University Alumni Association chapters
- Regent University chartered student organizations
Only nomination forms
that have been distributed or posted online by the Office of Alumni Relations are acceptable for submission.
Only one nomination will be accepted from each individual.
In addition to the nomination form, a vita, newspaper or magazine clippings, or other appropriate supporting materials may be submitted.
Alumni may self-nominate by completing the nomination form, providing supporting materials (if any) and providing two letters of support .
Persons Ineligible for Nomination
Any individual shall be ruled ineligible to be nominated if any of the following conditions prevail at the time the awards committee meets to make the selection:
If he/she is a candidate for any elected public office in the current calendar year. An individual who currently holds an elected state or national public office shall never be selected in a year in which he/she might be elected or re-elected
If he/she has been a member of the Regent University Executive Alumni Board, such individual shall not be selected until at least one year after such membership has expired
- If he/she has held an elected office in any Regent University Alumni Association chapter, such individual shall not be selected until at least one year after such elected term has expired
- If he/she is a member of the Alumnus of the Year Awards Committee
- If he/she has ever asked that the university remove him/her from university mailings or has asked that the university no longer contact him/her
Method of Selection
- Nomination forms with any supporting materials should be received by the Office of Alumni Relations no later than March 15th of the year in which the person is being nominated.
Office of Alumni Relations
ATTN: Alumnus of the Year Awards Committee
1000 Regent University Drive, ADM 128
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
Phone: 888-294-ALUM (2586)