Thank you for your interest in the Student Alumni Ambassador program!
The application may be found online at regentalumni.org/SAAapp
. Please be sure to read the following information carefully before submitting your application.
- Be able to commit to the interview schedule below.
- Commit to the program for a minimum of one year (fall and spring semester).
- Maintain a 3.0 (2.0 for Law) cumulative grade point average, and be in good standing with all university offices.
- Be able to attend bi-monthly meetings, in addition to the fall retreat and other mandatory events. Mandatory events include the SAA Retreat (September 9-11), Chili Bowl (November 12), Countdown to Commencement (February 9), SAA Blood Drive (a weekday in late March), and Commencement (May 6).
- Attain a minimum of 35 points each semester (a point is typically equivalent to an hour).
- Be a member of Society78.
- Candidates must make a commitment to the mission of the university and the Student Alumni Ambassador program, and possess the following personal qualities: a strong desire to learn and practice good leadership skills, enthusiasm, responsibility, dependability, maturity, initiative, dedication and punctuality.
- Make a lasting impact on the Regent community through servant leadership.
- Interact with university alumni, administrators, faculty, staff, legislators and state officials.
- Learn important interpersonal skills while gaining professional experiences.
- Gain valuable information about Regent University and higher education events.
- Meet and network with Regent officials and donors, as well as alumni, staff, administrators and community leaders.
- Gain leadership experience by participating in retreats and networking opportunities with business and scholarly leaders for future professional and academic endeavors.
- Free admission and reserved seating at select special events and programs.
- Face time and an occasional lunch or dinner with university VIPs and guest speakers.
- Official Student Ambassador polo, t-shirt, blazer and name badge.
- Opportunity to participate and present at annual CASE ASAP Conference.
- Other merit-based Student Ambassador apparel and prizes.
Monday, August 29 by 11:59 p.m.
Deadline for applications to be submitted via regentalumni.org/SAAapp
. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Tuesday, August 30
12:00 - 1:30 p.m. OR 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
Two-part group interview in the Fountain View Room at the Regent Ordinary. If you apply, you must attend one
group interview of your choice. This interview will determine who will be asked to return for an individual interview.
Wednesday, August 31 - Friday, September 2
Individual interviews will be conducted according to time frames of the applicant's preference. SAA will do its best to accommodate student schedules, though first preference can not be guaranteed. Times to be determined.
Friday, September 2
Candidates will be notified of selection decisions via phone, email or in person.
Friday, September 9 at 3:00 p.m. through Sunday, September 11 at 2:00 p.m.
Mandatory orientation retreat. Off-campus retreat is required for all SAA members. Students who are unable to attend all of the retreat will be asked to resign their position.
For additional questions or information, contact Paige at email@example.com or 757.352.4027.